Policies & Agreement
Registration and Package Cancellation
- Full Payment is due at enrollment to reserve your space in the training class. Unpaid registrations do not hold a space in the class.
- Payment for cancellations of package will be refunded in full with 72 hours notice of the first class start date or credited in full toward another class with start date within a 30 day period.
- Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable with under 72 hours notice of group class start date. No exceptions.
Why 72 hours notice? We are different from a tangible product in that we can't just put our services back on the shelf to resell like you would if returning a pair of shoes. Without ample notice, we can't resell your training package and in short, that business model is unsustainable. We only have a handful of spots in each class. Sometimes we have a wait list for classes, but those people need time to rearrange their schedule. We also book our trainers out based on number of participants with multiple trainers in each class. We can't very well tell them last minute we don't need them and they're out their wages. Their livelihood depends on us. The reality is that we can keep our rates reasonable by relying on each person to do their part. It's part of our mission to provide expert training at a reasonable cost in our group classes because it means more dogs and their families lead happy lives together. Thanks for understanding.
If you must miss a class, trainer agrees to provide handout and video demos (when available) for your reference. You must request these via email. We have most of the exercises documented in video format. Exceptions are week 6 where the exercises vary based on class needs and one exercise in week 5 which we from a training plan specific to each dog.
If your dog misses 2 classes in a six week series, you will be required to re-register and start again. Our groups are designed to build on skills progressively each week and would require substantial one-on-one trainer instruction to bring you back up to speed which is unfair to the other class participants.
Group Class Outline & Requirements
- Unless otherwise indicated, group classes meet for 50 minutes to 1 hour weekly.
- Dogs must be current on age-appropriate vaccinations.
- All dogs should potty prior to class.
- Bring a variety of treats your dog is crazy about to each class.
- Bring an edible chew or stuffed Kong to each class.
- You may enter the building 5 minutes prior to the start of your class. Please take a moment to exercise your dog if you arrive early as we will have participants from the previous class exiting the building, and will be setting up the room for your class.
- Arrive and be prepared to start the class on time. Late arrivals cause disruption to the flow of the class.
- Your dog should be equipped with a flat nylon or leather collar or martingale collar, harness as needed and 4-6 foot leash. We do not permit prong, choke, slip leads, electronic collars or retractable leashes.
Classes are staffed with two trainers per class.
Family participation is encouraged. Parents are required to supervise children and children must remain within your training area throughout the class for the safety of the child and the other participants. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Unless otherwise specified, all dogs in a group setting must be comfortable and friendly with other dogs and strangers.
At the trainer's discretion, dogs deemed dangerous, aggressive or highly fearful will be removed from class without refund. If you are unsure your dog is an appropriate candidate, please schedule a private training consult prior to enrollment. Having not met your dog prior to the start of the class, we rely on you for this information. We suggest you read the course information and dog requirements carefully before making your purchase.
Cancellation of Classes On Our, Mother Nature's Part, or Acts of God
Minimum Participation: If minimum enrollment for the class is not met, you will be notified 24 hours prior to the class start date by email or telephone. Your start date may be pushed out by 1-2 weeks. You will be offered the option to enroll in another class if needed, or receive credit toward another class.
Weather: In the event of a weather cancellation, you will be notified a minimum of 1 hour prior to your class start time via email and these cancellations will be listed on the website home page. It is a good idea to check your email prior to heading out during excessive rain / flooding or heavy snow. Make up classes will be held on Sundays following your last scheduled class or if available at the end of your training package on same date and time as prior classes. You will be notified by your trainer of the schedule.
Force Majeure. No party shall be deemed in default of this Agreement for any delay or failure to fulfill any obligation hereunder so long as and to the extent to which any delay or failure in the fulfillment of such obligation is prevented, frustrated, hindered or delayed as a consequence of circumstances of Force Majeure. In the event of any such excused delay, the time for performance of such obligations (other than a payment obligation) shall be extended for a period equal to the time lost by reason of the delay. A Party claiming the benefit of this provision shall, as soon as reasonably practicable after the occurrence of any such event, (a) provide written notice to the other Party of the nature and extent of any such Force Majeure conditions; and (b) use commercially reasonable efforts to remove any such causes and resume performance under this Agreement, as applicable, as soon as reasonably practicable.